This is a home favorite for us. Our toddler loves it and the best thing is:
- you can get your kids involved in the whole baking process (ohh, FUN….)
- there is no sweetener used (no honey, agave, coconut nectar substitutes and such) Nada. Just BA-NA-NAS…
- it is gluten and grain-free
Yet, it is so very DELICIOUS! For reals.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 55-60 minutes
Yield: Uno Loaf
1 1/4 cups almond flour
1/2 cup arrowroot flour
2-3 tablespoons coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt (use pink Himalayan or sea salt)
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas * (about 3 large bananas)
1/4 cup butter
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 7″x3″ bread pan
- Combine bananas, butter, vanilla, eggs and vanilla in the bowl of a food processor and kick it on for 30 seconds or so, until combined.
- In a small bowl, mix the dry ingredients and then add to the food processor. Pulse 6-8 times to combine. Scraping the sides with a rubber spatula, and pulse again a few times.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until cooked through.
Allow to cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes, and then on a wire rack until completely cool, before you cut it. If you can stand it.
You can also add in extras like chopped nuts, cocoa nibs/chocolate chips, and dried fruits.