Last update: 25 April 2022
CrossFit Vidatha Fitness (hereinafter referred to as “our”, “us”, “we” or “company”) hereby would like to notify you, as our valued customers or potential customers that this notice is served on you pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as “the Act”). The purpose of the enactment of the Act is to regulate the processing of personal data in commercial transactions and to provide for matters connected therewith and incidental thereto. For the purpose of this written notice, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the same meaning as prescribed in the Act.
This Privacy Notice is provided in English.
Statement of Practices
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
We wish to inform you that your personal data is being processed by us. In this regards, we may process your personal data which shall include, but not limited to your name, identity card number or passport number; email address, telephone number; correspondence address, and/or billing address; payment details, including credit card and banking information; contact details, including contact name and telephone number or email address; your image taken at our premises; your age; gender; salary range and employment details; education and Profession; hobbies and leisure activities; other related products and services subscribed to; and family and household demographics.
SOURCE OF COLLECTION
Your personal data is collected from various sources, including information you have provided us (whether in our website or our various forms), information from third parties and information in the public domain.
In line with the requirement of the Act, we are processing and/or disclosing your personal data, including any additional information you may have subsequently provided, for the following purposes;
1. To assist us in providing our services, or to provide certain services such as analysing customer lists, providing marketing assistance or consulting services. These third parties may have access to information needed to perform their function but cannot use that information for other purposes;
2. To further improve our products and services and/or better tailor the type of information presented to you;
3. To carry out marketing activities such as sales reporting, market surveys, statistical analysis etc;
4. Protection against or identifying possible fraudulent transactions;
5. For Risk management;
6. To deal with financial aspects of membership including but not limited to billing, processing of credit card, payment processing relating to your membership;
7. To verify and record your personal particulars including comparing it with information from other sources and using the information to communicate with you;
8. To communicate and provide you with information our group of companies and our products and services unless you have otherwise notified us in writing that you do not wish for us to process your data for such purpose;
9. To provide you with after sale service with relation to the membership including but not limited to handling of complaints and any other matter with relation hereto;
10. To comply with any order of court or directive from authorities investigating any alleged offence, misdeed and/or abuse or to enforce any of the terms in the agreements between us, where such action is necessary to protect and defend our right; and
11. For all other purposes incidental and associated with the above. (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Purposes”)
PROTECTION OF MINORS
As a general rule, children and persons under the age of 18 years (“Minors”) should not disclose Personal Data to us without the consent of their parents and/or guardians. We do not solicit Personal Data from Minors and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from Minors, use such Personal Data in any way or disclose the Personal Data to third parties without the prior consent of their parents and/or guardians
The provision of your personal data is obligatory. If you do not provide your personal data or wish to limit the personal data you disclosed to us, such limitations that you place may have implications that may adversely affect your ability to enter onto a contract with us, or the continuity of any contractual relationship you may have with us or prevent us from providing the service to you.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
All personal data held by us will be kept confidential but the Company may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the data was collected provide such information to the following parties:
1. Any subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, or affiliates of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company;
2. Any person or company who is acting for or on behalf of the Company, or jointly with the Company, in respect of the purpose or a directly related purpose for which the data was provided;
3. Any other person or company who is under a duty of confidentiality to the Company and has undertaken to keep such information confidential, provided such person or company has a legitimate right to such information; and
4. Any financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies, credit information or reference bureaux, or collection agencies necessary to establish and support the payment of any services being requested.
Personal data may also be disclosed to any person or persons that have a right under Malaysian law to gain access to such information provided they are able to prove their authority to access such information. For example, if we were served with a court order demanding certain customer information then the Company would disclose the information to the duly appointed officer of the court or such other persons as the court orders.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Subject to any exceptions under applicable law, you may at any time, make written request to access to and to request correction or rectification of the personal data/information or limit the processing of your personal data by submitting such request to us via emai to the following: –
Phone Number: + (6012) 293 6903
[Re: Privacy Compliance]
We reserve the right to alter any of the clauses contained herein in compliance with local legislation, to meet its global policy requirements, and for any other purpose deemed necessary by the Company.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
We may occasionally make changes to this Policy to changing legal, regulatory and operational requirements. When we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify our members appropriately under the circumstances, e.g., by displaying a prominent notice either digital or physical or by sending you an email.
Your continued use of our products and services after any such updates take effect will constitute acknowledgement and (as applicable) acceptance of those changes. Therefore, we encourage you to read any such notice carefully.